Lion: Linking Desktops to the Dock

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by pj4444, Mar 13, 2012.

1. pj4444 macrumors newbie

I would find it helpful if the Dock provided someway of identifying which open app is linked to which desktop. Eg the number of the desktop on the dock icon. Even better, if the desktop number was highlighted for the desktop I am currently in. I hope this makes sense! Are there any apps that add this feature?

I guess I am just looking to have a better idea of where everything is without swiping back and forth between desktops.

By the way, I prefer not to lock any app to a particular desktop as this seems to result in even more clicking of the mouse.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Im sure you can bring up a screen with each Desktop showing. Don't quote me tho lol

3. pj4444 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I am also a bit irritated by not knowing if I need to single click (same desktop) or double click (different desktop) the dock icon to switch to the app.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

f3 on my keyboard brings up the screen i was referring to. is that what your after??

5. pj4444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but that's not it.

I want to know whether to single or double click a dock icon. I would like to know (by just looking at the dock) which app is in the desktop I am currently using.