Lion lock screen changes resolution

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jhmccullough, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jhmccullough macrumors newbie

I'm running Lion on a MacBook Pro, and am having a weird situation on the lock screen.

When I shut down or restart the computer, and the apple icon appears while booting, it is a much lower resolution than the standard resolution of the MBP -- it's a much bigger icon, and looks pixellated around the edges.

Often, when it gets tot eh password stage, my user icon and password entry box appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen and half off the screen as well, as though I'm looking at the upper left quadrant of a much larger screen.

When we actually get into the OS, it looks fine.

I'm looking for a way to fix this and make it stop happening.

2. Watabou, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

This has started to happen to me too.

It happens when I put my laptop to sleep (closing the lid) and when I wake it up by opening it, the login page only shows up on the top left hand side and only takes up about 1/3 of the screen. Very weird.

I'll take screenshots when it happens since it's not doing it right now. It happens when I put it to sleep during the night so maybe it does it after a certain amount of time sleeping.

EDIT: Here is a picture of it happening. Sorry about the quality. Apparently, I can't take a screenshot when it's locked.

Attached Files: