Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xstux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Twice in the past 24 hours my iMac has locked up. It starts with the internet dropping and then the apps using the internet start to lock up, not even allowing Force Quit. Eventually everything locks up. The only solution has been to hit the power off button. Anyone else having this problem?

I've been running Lion since release day but have had this problem twice now.

jmorales

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Lion locks up

I've had the same thing happen twice today. I think both times I was starting to view something on Youtube. The only way out was to turn off the computer. Anyone?

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes. Seems to be related to the Wi-Fi issues with Lion. Happened to me today after my Wi-Fi dropped out (yet again). I have a suspicion that it's related to Time Machine backups.

WishIWasHere

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
I've had the same problem a few times, but I'm not really sure what exactly I was doing or what I had running when it happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.