Lion, Login Screen and Right Click

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by vterm, Mar 18, 2012.

1. vterm macrumors newbie

Ok guys this is rather strange and i can't find a single post about this problem!!
    I am running 10.7.3 on an iMac and i am using a magic mouse.
    Sometimes when i leave my Mac unattended i am using the Fast User Switch menu to return to the login screen. (I am NOT logged off).
    If i will leave my Mac unattended for a long period of time, i am doing the exact same thing, but i also enter sleep mode.
    Now, in both occasions, when i log in again, i am facing a rather strange mouse behavior.
    Right click does not work! (not by hitting the right side of the magic mouse, not with ctrl..)
    The only way that i can make it work, is to open Mouse Preferences, uncheck and then re-check the Secondary Click!
    This restores right click functionality.
    Anyone else has this problem, or i am alone?

Thanks.

2. madmacfan macrumors 6502

I had this problem when using my magic mouse on a late 2007 C2D white iMac running lion 10.7.3. Updating the magic mouse firmware seemed to cure it for me. Have you checked the the firmware for your magic mouse is up to date? Might be worth a shot.

3. vterm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, madmacfan.
    This is a mid 2010 iMac.
    System information reports that the mouse's firmware is:
    Firmware Version: 0x87

I've searched around trying to find a firmware update, the only one i found was a v1.1 Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Upgrade!
    I even trying running it, but the installer quit stating "you don't need this update, your keyboard already has this functionality".
    Where did you download it from? Do you remember?

Thanks again.