Lion Mail App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saberahul, Jul 22, 2011.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

Whenever I compose a mail now, the compose message comes up. I would write the email as normal and press send. However, unlike SL - after pressing send the compose message does not automatically disappear. It just stays there. I know the mail has been sent as I hear the airplane flying and I can see it under sent. Is there a way to make it so whenever I press send, the compose message would auto close?

2. mmduluth macrumors regular

It disappears for me as soon as I press send and then a few seconds later I hear the sent sound just like in SL.

3. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Hmm... I cannot figure out how to fix mine. Any suggestions?

4. waynep macrumors 6502

Mine disappears when I hit send . . no problems here.

5. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Seems I am the only one with this problem. Went through all the settings in pref. and no luck. Tried restarting both: mail and computer. No luck.

6. S.Jobs macrumors member

have not had your problem, but you could just use thunderbird

7. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

I really like the Mail.app. I mean really - I used thunderbird for couple years (since it first came out I think) but after using Mail.app I am addicted. It's just so easy and it works flawlessly with iCal in regards to the meeting invitations. It also syncs my notes and todos across all my mailbox accounts (something which is a pain to set up in TB).