Lion Mail Power Users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by newmaclover, Feb 8, 2012.

1. newmaclover macrumors newbie

Dear Lion Mail .App Powers:

I'm trying to get used to the new Mail .app layout. (I now it can be used in classic layout but I want to try the new layout.) I get close to 150 messages a day that need to be responded to and find that the classic layout with the subject just to the right of the name provides an immediate indication as to the nature of the message. The subject in the new Lion layout, however, seems to get obscured with the rest of the information in the left bar. For those of you that get a lot of mail, do you use the new layout? How did you get over not being able to see the subject easily?

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I have no problem with the new mail view in Lion and actually prefer it. The subject is highlighted in a slightly darker colour, but I can see what you mean. You may want to run Mail in Full Screen as at least you should be able to see the complete subject line.

If you are getting over a 100 emails a day, you need to make sure you have a good process to deal them. You really should aim to read an email once, before you decide what to do with it, and get it out of your inbox. Otherwise you will waste lots of time rescanning the same email. A best practice workflow that can be found here if you are interested.