Lion Mail Update -- Fix Outlook Formatting Issues?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AcesOverKings, Jul 12, 2011.

1. AcesOverKings macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

Some of you may be aware that sending mail from Snow Leopard's mail app to an Outlook user results in them seeing your email in whatever their default Outlook font is. For most Windows Outlook users, mail comes across as Times New Roman 12, and looks about as ugly as it comes.

This has evidently been a thorn in the side of most corporate users who have to deal with a predominantly Exchange/Outlook base of recipients. There are some wonky workarounds, like starting your message in the first line of your auto-sig, or using an alternate mail client (e.g. Postbox).

Does anyone know if Lion's mail upgrade fixes this? Or will Apple refuse to acknowledge that for the sake of its users, maybe the best way is to just make it play nicely with others??

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

2. paulyras macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing, as well as whether those annoying .htm or .txt attachments were showing up still. I'd love to go back to mail.app, but need something that looks professional across platforms

3. AcesOverKings thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyone out there running the GM that could check? i.e. email themselves from Lion --> Outlook and see what happens to the formatting?

4. plinke macrumors newbie

Mail Font Problem Continues!

So I just installed Lion and tested the font business with Mail, and sadly the problem where Windows Outlook users get weird fonts persists. Unbelievable that Apple chooses not to fix this problem.

The only thing I have found that works reliably is Outlook for MAC. Too bad because the rest of new mail looks pretty cool.

5. davp macrumors newbie

Yes, as mentioned this very annoying feature of mac mail continues. I have resorted to installing the following fix: www.messagefont.com. Although slightly reducing 'usability', it does seem to ensure your email arrives to your Outlook recipient as intended.....

6. minispecial macrumors newbie

This is so, so frustrating. How can Apple make mail work perfectly on IOS, but not in OSX?

The Messagefont route is not ideal either - it is a clunky process that just shouldn't be necessary.

7. worker macrumors newbie

Lion and Outlook 2011 can't be the standard email client

Even if you change the standard e-mail client in Mail to Outlook, Mail is the program which will be opened if you send an Attachment to the Email client (FINDER). :mad:

If you like to send a word file from in Word no Email client can be selected.:eek:

Same in Adobe Acrobat ...:confused:

Only way Drag&Drop an attachment to Outlook.:apple:

8. rodknocker macrumors 6502

Any tried Attachment Tamer?

Does someone can check if Attachment Tamer fix this issue?

Here are the settings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]