Lion, MBA, Clamshell mode and Trackpad Gestures not working?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bottomsup, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Bottomsup macrumors regular

Hi,

I had a 2010 MBA for awhile and loved it. I snatched a 2011 model right away and am happy so far except that when I "dock" it, by plugging in my 24" monitor, USB keyboard/mouse.

My "magic" trackpad works, but won't accept some of the gestures. The trackpad is the oen on my desk connected via BT, not the one on the machine itself.

For example 3 finger "show desktop" swipe works, but the side swipe to switch "spaces" does not.

If i use the trackpad on my machine it works fine. Cursor movement works fine on both.

Ideas? The desktop trackpad worked fine on my old 2010 MBA.

Thanks

2. divinemercy macrumors regular

When you say that it worked fine with your 2010 MBA, do you mean in general or those SPECIFIC gestures that you are saying don't work with the 2011?

3. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't done enough testing to isolate the exact set of gestures, but you have a good point in that SL didn't have the same gesture for switching spaces however it didn't have the 3 finger "show desktop" gesture either and that works now.

3 fingers up to show mission control doesn't work. F11 work, but the gesture doesn't.

4. divinemercy macrumors regular

im sure it's just a software bug if anything... they'll get to it. might toss them an email tho

5. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

i disabled all gestures and re-enabled them and this went away. weird.