Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyclotron451

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
Europe
10.7.1 is needed by me!

I agree with that absolutely. If you're dependent on your mac and could not afford any downtime, don't upgrade yet.

YES! Don't upgrade a mission critical machine!
I have a presumably rare (near fatal) bug in that my work iMac is off the 'net as after the Lion clean install it has a persistent self assigned ethernet MAC address instead of the MAC identity revealed by ifconfig. This means it is security locked-out of the corporate Cisco LAN switch. Furthermore Mail didn't load after the update; my permissions are shown as 'fetching..." instead of 'Staff'; iPhoto and the iWork suite needed reinstalling due to kernel panics and FileMaker Pro won't work as Rosetta is gone.

Luckily I cross backed-up everything prior to the iMac upgrade to a new MBP15" and that upgraded flawlessly to Lion! On the MBP the only annoyance was that the recovery HD partition couldn't be created as that would have made my Bootcamp partition the 4th partition and unbootable, allegedly!

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
I find Mission Control and full screen apps to be just as good on an iMac as on my MBP. I have a Mini plugged into a 22-inch monitor and I enjoy everything Lion has to offer. It's nice to keep iTunes and Mail running in their own full-screen 'spaces' while I work with all other apps in a primary desktop window. Just nice to keep them out of the way while I work. I never used Spaces before, mainly because the idea of multiple desktops irks me for some illogical reason. The fact that a couple apps are in fullscreen seems more sensible to me, but I realise that's just a preference thing. I'm in the minority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.