Lion not saving profile settings.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by StellarZ, Jul 22, 2011.

1. StellarZ macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

So, I really want to know if I'm the only one with this issue. I've done a clean install of Lion on an 11" MacBook Air and somewhere in the process of reinstalling my programs and data, both of my profiles refuse to save my settings in any application. I thought it may have been the resume feature glitching, but because of this issue I am unable to uncheck the box to disable it.

2. msosam macrumors newbie

Same problem

Hello, I have the same problem with a Macbook Air, it jus does not save settings, even if I restart and Uncheck the "open applications" options, it just ignore it an reopen all again.

Also I have A LOT of problems with iCal and Outlook sync, bot apps by the way does not same when I select or deselect some features..

Very disappointed with this upgrade !

3. kiddluck macrumors newbie

Same on Snow Leopard

I came up on this thread via Google search.

I'm having the same issue on Snow Leopard. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with permissions. I'm about to strip all the permissions off my user folder and repair them and see if it works.

Once I do this, if it works, I'll post steps...but I would appreciate it if someone chimed in with a second opinion.