Lion on a late 2007 Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Yaboze, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I am happy to say it's working well. Laptop is in my sig. I think the new HD and 4 GB of ram is helping. Boots up and shuts down about the same as SL.

A few months ago I removed the 120 GB stock HD and put in a 320 GB Seagate 7200 and installed SL clean from my upgrade disk.

I admit it probably needs some updates and a newer machine to really appreciate, but my machine doesn't seem any slower than SL or anything and it's near the minimum requirements.

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone with an older C2D was considering Lion.

2. Yaboze thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Just an update, it's been working well the past day or so. I also checked the Activity Monitor, everything is 64-bit, including iTunes 10.4. Memory usage is pretty good as well.

3. buckers macrumors 6502

Couldn't resist trying Lion so put it on my old laptop. White MacBook C2D from 2007 (2.16GHz, 2GB RAM). Runs pretty good (just as well as Leopard, I'd say); animations are little juddery, but other than that, works fine :)

4. Skwink macrumors member

Can you guys use gestures? I can't on my 2009 Macbook.

5. Yaboze thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Gestures are limited, I can swipe left and right in Mission Control, use two finger scrolling and some stuff.

I have a Magic Mouse, so I do gestures there when I'm on a proper desk and on AC power.

Also, yes, some of the new animations are a little jittery, I'm guessing the old GMA is the cause of that.

Apps definitely launch fast and it boots up and shuts down quickly for me.

6. buckers macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if the MacBooks ever got the multitouch capable trackpads before they were discontinued. :(