Lion on blackbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by peeaanuut, Nov 6, 2012.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I have the 2.4 2008 blackbook and finally got it breathing again with a fresh ram install and SSD upgrade. So now I am looking to get passed snow leopard. I am looking to get Lion on it but I guess its no long avail in the apple app store. how would I go about upgrading to Lion?

To add more to this: I never purchased Lion. My 2011 iMac came with Lion and has been upgraded to Mountain Lion so I guess I dont ahve access to that recovery partition anymore with Lion right?

2. PerformaGuy macrumors member

PerformaGuy

Lion was sold on USB thumbdrives, you can find them on ebay. I'd stick with Snow Leopard if you can, I found my white MacBook slower after installing Lion.

Is there a particular app that requires you to have Lion?

3. green0816 macrumors newbie

If you call 1-800-MY-APPLE and ask to speak to a sales representative, they will send you a download link for Lion via email (after payment, of course).

4. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

no reason particular I guess. I was in the upgrade mode after the hardware changes and wanted to keep going. lol

5. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Unless you really want to use the features (I personally find iCloud useful with 2 macs) keep with SL. I have the same macbook but in white and it has really slowed down since I upgraded to Lion. Mind you I still have a regular 5400RPM HDD and 2GB of RAM but still. Lion is a resource hog and really bogs down older systems.