Lion on iMac Mid 2007. Anyone has done this?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vespina, Jul 5, 2011.

1. vespina macrumors newbie

Hi folks.

I have an iMac Mid 2007, expanded to 3 GB RAM. Currently it runs OSX Leopard, but I'm thinking about migrate it to Lion.

Before spend the money, will love to hear about those of you that have done this on similar hardware to see if its worth it.

Regards

Victor Espina

2. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

define "worth it"?

are you asking if it will run on your iMac? the answer is yes.

Lion hasnt been officially released yet, so any answer you get (Im not sure what the question is) will be based on a developer version.

If you wait a couple of weeks, these forums will be flooded with Lion posts.

3. vespina thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right. The post is indeed ambigous. I guess I actually have two questions:

1) Will Lion work on my iMac mid 2007? Answer: yes

2) Will Lion make my iMac mid 2007 perform better and/or faster than Snow Leopard? (this is what I meant with "worth it").

I fully aware than Lion is not out yet, but I also know that many people has downloaded and installed the developer previews, so I guess I was expecting some feedback from those with iMacs mid 2007.

Regards

Victor Espina

4. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi vespina,
    I already had installed 2 diff. developers versions of Lion (1st about a month ago, 2nd one 10 days ago) and i de-installed both after a few hours....
    Lets hope the 'final' is better then those...

5. MacHamster68, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

no thats the future i installed it on my 2006 core duo and it worked on my hackintosh too
    but better? thats a user preference so cant definitely be answered as somehow i got the feeling without touchscreen i feel handicapped using Lion
    back to tiger at least that really is the best of all OSX versions, but thats just my opinion

what i did want to say you ask 10 people and you will get 10 opinions usually
    just get it from somewhere try it and if unhappy deinstall it again

6. vespina thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, yesterday I droped my iMac at a Apple's Technical Service in order to get it fixed (It accidentally falled from my desk and the cover glass got broken... almost broked in tears!), and they will install Snow Leopard on the new hard disk.

I guess the wise think to do is wait a few months to see how Lion perform in the real world and then take the decision fo move forward or to stay with SL.

Thanks anyway for your input.

Regards

Victor Espina