Lion on Mac Pro 1,1

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by admo, Jul 20, 2011.

1. admo macrumors member

I've got he first Mac Pro, the August 2006. Everything is stock (Nvidia 7300 GT, 2.66 Xeon), but I upped the RAM from 1GB to 5GB.

Anyone with the 2006 Mac Pro downloading Lion now?

If so, post your specs and impressions. It would be nice to see how Lion preforms on this older machine, which I still love.

2. nycaleksey macrumors member

nycaleksey

I had no problems on MacPro1,1 with stock parts, 10GB of RAM and an Intel X25M G2 SSD. Experienced no issues, except for generic Lion problems (AC3 passthough over SPDIF stopped working).

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Oh damn. This is a *show stopper* for me. I guess I won't be upgrading til they fix this. :(

4. nycaleksey macrumors member

nycaleksey

Same with me, had to revert to SL just for that reason. One of the places to track this issue is here: http://code.google.com/p/mplayerx/issues/detail?id=463

5. iDeclare macrumors member

iDeclare

Well, my install did not go as planned. Rebooted and got the "mac ox utilities" menu. Repaired permissions, rebooted- and got booted back into snow leopard with my lion download gone. Re-downloading now and will try to reinstall. I made a genius bar reservation for tonight if this doesn't get resolved. My mac pro is xeon processor based- not sure what else could keeping the install from "taking." Sucks.

I have a Mac Pro 1,1 (2x2ghz dual-core intel xeon, 4gb ram):confused: