Lion on Macbook 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sajaz, Jul 25, 2011.

1. sajaz macrumors newbie

I have mid 2010 macbook, MC516LLA.
    2.4 core 2 duo, 2GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB VGA, latest model trackpad
    If anyone upgrade to Lion on this model, please tell me is it work fine???

thanks in advance

2. AlexM-1997 macrumors member

I sent this to Square group (the company that i purchased mine from)

"During December of 2010 i decided to switch from a Sony Vaio to a MacBook white for the first time ever, during the first few months i was pleased with my purchase however a few months in i began to notice that my £800 macbook white was not as "Revolutionary" and powerful as it was made out to be. I had noticed that my computer became slow occasionally even when playing small games such as Minecraft BUT also when performing the simplest of tasks would crash or take a relatively long time loading ( I am fully aware that computers have to load but it is too long often) i have also had several problems with pages and keynote often crashing with no warning loosing me around 1-2 hours of solid work swell (this is when i do not have any RAM eating applications open, The only thing i may have open when using keynote or pages may be Safari)

Another fault found is the battery life. Advertised at 9 hours it is often lasting around 5-6 hours (sometimes less) at the most while using only safari or similar applications. This is not the end to the list of problems, Since the "Update" from Snow Leopard to Lion i had noticed that my right click using two fingers on the trackpad had a 2-3 second delay. as previously mentioned that this computer is struggling to play small games (the reason why i am disappointed is because of the advertised specifications) since the update nearly all have became impossible to play due to the computer being slow or worse crashing.

Yes it does sound that I'm being picky but to say that i got the quality of a £500 computer for £800 and functions that are not %100 efficient its not right. I do hope that this will not be my last mac due to the quality and services of the seller. My laptop is still under warranty sue to the fact that i purchased it during the winter holidays 2010.

I would be happy to return my mac BUT exchange it for a refurbished low end imac and would put money towards it if the macbook did not cover it. (I am only wishing return it because i paid £800 for a computer so i expect it to be perfect. ( i am 14 so £800 is a MASSIVE amount to me (and anyone else i guess for that matter) especially as it took me a long time to get, this is the reason why i am making a big deal about my value for money)"

A lot of these faults have happened since lion (Short answer: No from my experiences)

3. _bgb macrumors member

i wouldnt worry about it.. currently running it through my external on HDD due to the fact i dont want to move over until bugs are fixed, Office works, which is major, and having to dig out serials if programs dont adjust properly..

oh late 2009, 4gb, 2,26ghz

just go for it, im guessing your mac came with a SL recovery disk, so just back up your system and either restore from that with SL or start a blank with a fresh install if problems persist

:cool:

4. Killaz045 macrumors newbie

5. _bgb macrumors member

UPDATE

Made the switch, main OS, all seamlessly transferred over, updated, took 30 mins.. LOVE IT.:p

6. bdb0307 macrumors newbie

I have a late 2007 model with 2gb ram and 160gb hard drive and it works perfectly :D do it...do it.

7. sajaz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot for yours tips, I'll switch to LION. Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek::D

8. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Happily running Lion on my Air (1.86GHz C2D, 2GB, 9400M) with no issues whatsoever. You shouldn't see any major slowdowns with your machine :)

9. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

We have the same model....were you able to transfer all the programs from snow leopard to lion and keep your keys??????