Lion On Unsupported MBP?? (Hackerwayne)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bftiedt, Jul 30, 2013.

1. bftiedt macrumors member

Hey guys ,

I have been reading about getting lion/mountain lion to work on unsupported devices. I have found the thread by hackerwayne for installing mountain lion on these unsupported devices but cannot find how to get lion on there. I know it is possible because I came across a post of people talking about it but didnt really see how it was done. Also I found a thread on here where hackerwayne was doing it but it the fist post it is now just a link to his mountain lion thread and when I look at the requirements for getting mountain lion up and running on his site it tells me i need to first have 10.7 installed (lion). My question is can i use his tool to go straight from snow leopard to mountain lion or do I have to get lion on my MBP first? If I do, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time guys,
    Brandon

PS; My setup is a 06 macbook pro 15 inch with 250gb HD and snow leopard.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Since there was more than one 2006 release of MacBook Pros, the question becomes which one. More importantly do you have a Core Duo or a Core 2 Duo processor?

If it's a Core Duo, forget about upgrading OS X. If it's a Core 2 Duo, then good luck upgrading on your hardware.

3. bftiedt thread starter macrumors member

It's whichever one is not officially supported by lion.

4. Bear macrumors G3

I'm not sure any 2006 MacBook Pro is supported by Lion. Anyway, it might be time for you to buy a new MacBook Pro.

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Why you'd want to hack lion or later onto a machine that old I don't understand, performance is pretty average with less than 8 gigs. I mean its OK, but nowhere near as fast as SL with 4. Not really what i'd consider usable with 2 unless you have an SSD.

6. bftiedt thread starter macrumors member

Just something I would like to tinker with. Do you have any info I could use in doing what I'm trying to do?

7. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Go to the apple logo in the top left> about this mac. Then post the processor. As posted above, if you have a core duo, you might be outta luck.

8. bftiedt thread starter macrumors member

i do have a core duo but people were hacking the lion beta 1 back in the day to run on core duo .