Lion opening old pictures with new ones

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Monkeychemist, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Monkeychemist macrumors member

Hello,

I have noticed an annoying problem with Lion. It seems that when I open a picture using preview it also opens the pictures I had opened in the previous session. So every time I click on a picture I get 2-3 old ones straggling along that I have to close. This is really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?

Thank you

2. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

Close all the windows before quitting the app. There is also an option to turn off the resume feature but it turns it off for all apps.

3. Monkeychemist thread starter macrumors member

ahh thanks for that. I did turn that feature off. I see no use for it

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I think its supposed to help if you have to restart your computer because it froze or you have to force quit an application because it froze before you could save anything.

5. NurJahan macrumors member

Where is that switch for the resume feature located? I have been annoyed because it opens everything old, from Microsoft word docs to pictures to safari!

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

FYI...

You can turn it off for only specific apps (like say, Preview or Quicktime). You just need to input a terminal command (very easy).

7. Monkeychemist thread starter macrumors member

no no no... it's very easy... control panels>General>uncheck box

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That turns it off for everything. If you just want certain apps to not remember, you need Terminal.