Lion or Mountain Lion on Black MacBook?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I am trading my two iPhone4s for a Black MacBook. It has the 2.4 processor and 2 gb of ram. I am wondering if I should upgrade to either Lion or ML or just leave it on Snow Leopard.

I would love the new features, but not at the cost of performance.

I am new to the MacBook world. Thanks in advance for your help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I am trading my two iPhone4s for a Black MacBook. It has the 2.4 processor and 2 gb of ram. I am wondering if I should upgrade to either Lion or ML or just leave it on Snow Leopard.

As Lion is no longer available, your only option is Snow Leopard.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

I don't believe ML will work on that model.

http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

flatfoot

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2009

Um, two iPhone 4S for one black MacBook? Not a good deal.

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
First, I'd say getting a MacBook for 2 iphones (4 or 4s) is a good deal.

Second, the latest OS that can run on that MacBook is Lion.
Lion is not listed in the App store, but I've heard that you can call Apple support, explain the situation, and they can take your order over the phone for the $29. They give you a redemption code that will let you download Lion.

Of course this only works on 10.6.8 or newer because you need the App Store.

If you need 10.6.8, you may be able to get that by calling Apple. Or from ebay.

K0P Bacon

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Unforunately...

My 2006 Macbook (which I got in July 2006) can't upgrade any further than Snow Leopard. I know I am living in somewhat of the dark ages. But all I have to say is she is a still hanging in there after a few battery replacements.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
The phones are not the 4s model. They are the 4. It's hard to write it as a plural without confusion.
The way you would write this is "two iPhone 4 handsets" or "units." If you are talking about a noun that ends in a numeral and want to avoid confusion, you should try to add a noun after it and pluralize that.

Rizlar

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
you can phone up Apple in your country and buy Lion over the phone.

Just to confirm that you can phone up Apple in your country and buy Lion over the phone, I just did it, cost £14. They send you a redemption code which you type into the appropriate box in the app store.