Lion or Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TheDill, Jan 3, 2012.

1. TheDill macrumors newbie

I have a late 2010 MBA, 64GB and 4GB RAM with snow leopard. I was wondering if it is worth it to update to lion? Any significant pros or cons to each one?

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

That depends on your usage patterns. If you like Spaces, forget Lion, as it has done away with Spaces in the usual form.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

My machine is fine with 10.7.2 but what is your backup and recovery plan for falling back to your current system if you run into any surprises?

4. TheDill thread starter macrumors newbie

I just have a 1TB external hard drive, and I really only use my MBA for my itunes, school documents (I'm a college student) and using the internet, so nothing too strenuous.

5. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I like the increased security, iCloud integration, three finger swipe, full-screen mode, and ability to resize windows from any of the edges or corners.

There are a lot of other reasons to like Lion.

I dislike that it seems a little more sluggish than SL though.

6. calvol macrumors 6502a

I have a 2010 13-Ultimate and am sticking with Snow Leopard... may transition it over to Lion if I buy another Mac this year (new MBP). The many negative comments about Lion don't make it compelling enough for me to switch now.

7. pieuk macrumors member

i think lion is great and is much quicker than SL on my old mbp.

maybe its the ssd on my air :S

either way, the finger swipes and zooms, window drags etc make life much easier

8. bill-p macrumors 68000

I think Lion vs Snow Leopard is a question of great features with bad battery life vs good and stable features with good battery life.

If you value battery life, I think sticking to Snow Leopard would be better. If nothing, at least you get the option of using Coolbook.

9. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I have to agree with this

Lion has enabled me to finally use trackpads without wrist pain.

>>>

And I haven't noticed a difference in battery drain between SL and Lion. When I was "testing" the 2010 MBAs last spring, they were draining pretty quickly on SL with all the usuals shut off. It's about the same for Lion.

I'm keeping SL on my iMac for school and my older software that isn't Lion compatible yet.

10. TheDill thread starter macrumors newbie

I just have a 1TB external hard drive, and I really only use my MBA for my itunes, school documents (I'm a college student) and using the internet, so nothing too strenuous.