Lion OSX : Does any one has the same problem?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by vjicecool, Jul 21, 2011.

1. vjicecool, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

vjicecool macrumors 6502

I have downloaded Mac OSX lion from the app store yesterday. i backed up my mac using time machine. Later i clicked on the install icon on lion osx, it asked for my uname and password, and tried to install which took 30 minutes, it rebooted later and than all i see is the white screen with a scrolling icon on it, it stayed there for hours and didn't do nothing, i rebooted it couple of times no result

please tell me How should i fix it, am i doing anything wrong.

my MBP is 13 2.53ghz, 4gb ram and 60gb ssd

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You may have to insert a Snow Leopard disc and boot to it, run Disk Utility and try and repair permissions on the Lion partition. or you just may have to format the drive from Disk Utility and reinstall Snow Leopard or restore from your Time Machine back up and start over with Lion.

3. Nessie1970 macrumors newbie

Had similar problem

After installing Lion, it hung up with errors and restart pop up and doesn't matter how many times I restarted - went back to restart pop up. So I found answer on some forum - restart and press immediately the Alt key to go to boot screen and boot from Lion Disk (it doesn't say Lion but OS x something). It does new automatic install of Lion and then everything worked fine. Now I am having an issue re-downloading to my second Mac - download stops at 10.4MB and starts again so be prepared for more issues later. I personally think Lion really = Vista at least for now. Hope that helps :))

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wow, comparing Lion to Vista! That's a very harsh put down if you ask me. :eek:

5. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Actually FWIW, Vista was quite fantastic after SP2. It just got a bad name because of all the issues at first release.
    Anyways on topic: there can be millions of problems in a software update, especially for something as big as an OS. This is unfortunate but at least you still have your backups. I would restore and upgrade again.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Vista and fantastic are words that don't belong in the same sentence, unless you say that Vista is a fantastic steaming pile of poo. :D

7. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Have you used Vista after SP2? :rolleyes: It's just as good as Windows 7.