Lion & Pages just saved my bacon!

waynep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
This week I upgraded to Lion, and also went ahead and bought Pages. I spent a lot of this afternoon working on a project that I needed to get done. I had not saved the doc when I hit cmd-q by accident instead of cmd-a. Of course it did not asked me if I wanted to save it or anything. I knew I had lost an hour or so's worth of work . . . . But when I reopened Pages, it came up with the last doc I was working on in the state I last saw it! I lost NOTHING!!! I think I like the new Resume feature!! Having come from Windows 6 months ago, i LOVE my Mac!

wayne

kirky29

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Even on Snow Leopard, Pages would have probably asked you if you wanted to save if you hadn't already.
But I fully know what you mean, I love the feature too!

It's great for me in Preview too, if I annotate or rotate a picture, it doesn't ask me to save anymore, just does it - and if I don't like it, I'll restore to the earlier version.

I know I'll be using that feature a lot in Pages, finally no more having to save "edit 1" - "edit 2" - "edit 3" on the Desktop and getting crazily confused!

Comment

waynep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Even on Snow Leopard, Pages would have probably asked you if you wanted to save if you hadn't already.
But I fully know what you mean, I love the feature too!
Yea that's true . . . When it quit without asking me, my heart sank . . . But it's all good now.

Comment

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Agreed. I already loved Pages. This nifty feature just made it that much better.

I never thought I'd love a word processor again after ClarisWorks. But there you have it.

Comment

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
It is going to change my workflow a lot, I will definitely have to get used to it during the holidays so I can effectively use if next semester. I don't want to be in the middle of my Master's thesis when something goes wrong.

Comment

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
This is some of the little things that make you like Lion.

I'm waiting for MS to add the versions support on Office 2011. I wonder when... :rolleyes:

Comment

John Mang

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I agree it's a great feature... for some apps. I would definitely like a toggle for different apps, asking whether I would like this feature enabled for it or not.

Comment

waynep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
This is some of the little things that make you like Lion.

I'm waiting for MS to add the versions support on Office 2011. I wonder when... :rolleyes:
Somehow I bet it will take a while. I bought Pages this morning to use on this specific project. I'll be using it from now on unless I need Word for something specific.

Comment