Lion & Pages just saved my bacon!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by waynep, Jul 23, 2011.

1. waynep macrumors 6502

This week I upgraded to Lion, and also went ahead and bought Pages. I spent a lot of this afternoon working on a project that I needed to get done. I had not saved the doc when I hit cmd-q by accident instead of cmd-a. Of course it did not asked me if I wanted to save it or anything. I knew I had lost an hour or so's worth of work . . . . But when I reopened Pages, it came up with the last doc I was working on in the state I last saw it! I lost NOTHING!!! I think I like the new Resume feature!! Having come from Windows 6 months ago, i LOVE my Mac!

wayne

2. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Even on Snow Leopard, Pages would have probably asked you if you wanted to save if you hadn't already.
    But I fully know what you mean, I love the feature too!

It's great for me in Preview too, if I annotate or rotate a picture, it doesn't ask me to save anymore, just does it - and if I don't like it, I'll restore to the earlier version.

I know I'll be using that feature a lot in Pages, finally no more having to save "edit 1" - "edit 2" - "edit 3" on the Desktop and getting crazily confused!

3. waynep thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea that's true . . . When it quit without asking me, my heart sank . . . But it's all good now.

4. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Agreed. I already loved Pages. This nifty feature just made it that much better.

I never thought I'd love a word processor again after ClarisWorks. But there you have it.

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

It is going to change my workflow a lot, I will definitely have to get used to it during the holidays so I can effectively use if next semester. I don't want to be in the middle of my Master's thesis when something goes wrong.

6. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

This is some of the little things that make you like Lion.

I'm waiting for MS to add the versions support on Office 2011. I wonder when... :rolleyes:

7. John Mang macrumors member

I agree it's a great feature... for some apps. I would definitely like a toggle for different apps, asking whether I would like this feature enabled for it or not.

8. waynep thread starter macrumors 6502

Somehow I bet it will take a while. I bought Pages this morning to use on this specific project. I'll be using it from now on unless I need Word for something specific.