Lion - passwords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arkangil, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Arkangil macrumors regular

With SL it used to save my passwords so I didn't always have to login to website. Since upgrading to Lion, I have to enter both username and passwords.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I am assuming you were originally using your browsers built in password manager. If you were using Keychain access - all your stuff should be saved there. Check it out under Applications ––> Utilities --> Keychain. If you upgraded, all your stuff should be there. If it is, you can go to pref. and allow Safari to access them (or whichever browser you choose as long as it supports it).

3. Arkangil thread starter macrumors regular

There is a lot in my keychain but not most of my sites. Can I get it to prompt me, or do I have to add them all in manually? When I say sites I mean Paypal, eBay, website admin, that kinda stuff.

I've never used keychain. Still kinda new to Mac (a couple years). And also lazy!

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Are you using Safari? If so, see if your Username and Password setting is checked under Pref --> Autofill.

5. Arkangil thread starter macrumors regular

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Good so see if it works now. Go to any site and it should prompt you with a dialog box asking to remember password and username.