Lion quits every app when I put it to sleep!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Jodles, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Jodles macrumors regular

Every other time I open the lid of my MacBook, waking it from sleep, literally every single app I had running has been quit and is restarted by Lion! They still appear for a while, but if I click them the window is greyed out and has this little progress thing in the middle.

This is incredibly annoying! I'm used to open the lid of my MB and start wherever I left off in seconds!

Worst is, they don't open in the state they were when I put the MB to sleep (e.g. hidden), they all pop up taking precedence, all the fullscreen apps I had running (e.g. iTunes) automatically pulls me over; so if Safari or Things finally started working again, as I start typing Lion shifts space to iTunes which is suddenly revived from the dead.

What is up with this?! Is this intentional? :confused: Anybody else experiencing this? I've been happy with Lion thus far, but waiting 5 minutes and re-positioning every app after every time I close the lid is ruining my workflow.

2. sekoitus macrumors member

I was wondering too.. is this normal behaviour?

Macbook Air I have and Lion 10.7.1.

On Snow Leopard the apps didn't quit when I closed the lid and the resume was very much quicker than on Lion.

I'm actually wondering if on SL my machine had some sort of a bug and when I closed the lid back then, maybe only the display went to sleep...

Scratch that, probably not a bug, since everytime I opened up the lid again on Snow Leopard, the AirPort looked for a WiFi signal again. So something did turn off.

But the apps didn't quit on SL and they were open the moment I opened up the lid.

Not the same case on Lion...

Hmm

3. sekoitus macrumors member

According to this article no apps should be automatically closed when the computer goes to sleep.

Something's wrong here. Maybe a clean install would fix this, I don't know.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601