Lion Recovery Disk Assistant Question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SR45, Sep 3, 2011.

1. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Some what confused even after doing a Google search....

My question to anyone in the know is, if I were to reformat the hard drive or the drive died of me, and I put in another new hard drive, would this lion recovery disk assistant program that I now have on a USB thumb drive work with a internet connection or would I have to install fresh a new iOS Lion ?

I have the Lion USB thumb drive on hand if necessary but wanted the recovery partition back again if possible.

Thanks in advance.... :confused:

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I just went thru all the steps of upgrading ( my machine went from 2011 base mbp 13 to 8 gb of ram and a 7200 rpm disk ).

I pulled the disk out ( stashed away ) and installed new drive and used USB rec disk to reload everything.

Yes it does eventually reinstall Lion after downloading it ( takes a while depends on bandwidth ) and yes it will recreate a new recovery partition on the new disk.

3. SR45 thread starter macrumors 65832

SR45

That makes it easy with the Lion recovery disk assistant program and having the recovery partition back again on a new drive.

I reloaded Lion the other day using the normal Command+R method with a 5400 rpm drive, and it took about 1:32 min total.

Many thanks for the reply johnhurley ;)