Lion Recovery Update - Updating Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by craighton, Oct 13, 2011.

1. craighton macrumors member

craighton

With the 10.7.2 update comes another update of the Lion Recovery Update. I've been able to install 10.7.2 ok but I'm running into problems with the install of the Lion Recovery Update.

I'm able to download it and run the install but it hangs up installing. It will run it and go through the install until it says about just a few moments remaining and will just hang.

I've left it over night and just sits there. I've tried repairing disk permissions in hopes it would help but it still hangs.

Anyone have similar issues or know how to get it to install?

2. wjdennen macrumors member

Same problem here! I have the same issue whether I use Software Update or download the update directly from Apple's web page.

3. ScaredyCat macrumors newbie

ScaredyCat

Try this, it fixed my similar issue

Boot into recovery (CMD + R at boot) and repair the disk. Then boot to full OS and repair permissions. Then run the manual update (downloaded from web page)

ScaredyCat

4. wjdennen macrumors member

Thanks. I solved my problem by booting in Safe mode (shift at startup), and installing it manually. Seemed to work.

5. charliegadget macrumors newbie

Yep, This how I got around the same issue...

Charlie

6. TravisC macrumors newbie

Do you think this will work if I do this for updating my iTunes. I am trying to update from 10.4 to 10.5 so I can update to iOS5 but its telling me installation failed or sometimes, "You don't have permission." I need a solution!

7. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

same here ran the built in updater all failed I end up downloading all three updates from apple.com

8. zekester137 macrumors newbie

Worked for me as well

Worked for me as well - nothing else before that had (repair disk, repair permissions, etc.)

Thanks for the good advice!