Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
I, like many, was having the issue in the Mac App Store with Lion saying that it was already installed - even though it was not. I tried my fair share of option-clicking my way through the App Store with no luck.

I had a Lion Developer Preview 4 install file on a storage hard drive hooked up to my Mac. As soon as I deleted that install file from the storage hard drive, I was able to successfully purchase and download Mac OS X Lion.

Just another thing to try to anyone having this issue.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
I, like many, was having the issue in the Mac App Store with Lion saying that it was already installed - even though it was not. I tried my fair share of option-clicking my way through the App Store with no luck.

I had a Lion Developer Preview 4 install file on a storage hard drive hooked up to my Mac. As soon as I deleted that install file from the storage hard drive, I was able to successfully purchase and download Mac OS X Lion.

Just another thing to try to anyone having this issue.

The easy fix is this - open up spotlight and type "Install Lion," if anything Lion-related comes up at all, on any drive, you need to delete it or hide it before the MAS will let you successfully download. Seems like a pretty stupid bug to me, it should be obvious whether or not the machine accessing the MAS at that moment in time is actually running Lion or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.