lion says already installed

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by homrb, Jul 20, 2011.

1. homrb macrumors regular

I am currently using the dev preview of lion version just before the GM version and i wanted to honestly pay for it on the mac app store and download the retail version but it is telling me that it is already installed and there is no option to buy it or reinstall it. please help!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You have to boot into SL to download Lion. I had the same issue on my both Macs.

3. Vidnez macrumors newbie

Option-click "Download Lion", then option-click "Buy"

4. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

vidnez, you are my hero, that works, thank you!

5. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

where does it say download lion?

6. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

It worked for me by clicking that on the main lion graphic once you launch the app store, not the installed button.

7. c:v macrumors regular

Had the same issue earlier today, left it at that and then came back to check again. Surprisingly, it now says Lion installed and I have received the software update (NOT via MAS). So I think it just takes some time for MAS to realise that you do have it installed? I'm talking about GM...

8. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

Thanks a bunch, that worked. I don't like not paying for stuff I use all day. But I was sure happy to try it out before it was released. :)

9. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

I'm having a similar issue. Downloading it on a second computer, got to the end and it said it lost connection to the App Store. So I quite the store, started again, and now it says that it is Installed...but it's not.

10. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

No Excuses not to buy then. Damn :)

11. Heston macrumors regular

The option-click worked and it's currently downloading. Does this mean i can install with the Lion installation file on top of the DP or is it even necessary to do that? I just wanted to pay for Lion.

Crap. Just realized it's over 3 gigs. Won't be able to finish this until back at home since the school network has a bandwidth cap.

12. ewanr macrumors newbie

I found "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" in the applications folder (3.76GB). Ran it and it's starting the Lion installation.

13. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

ok so i finally got it to show up as the price instead of installed but now it is saying that i have a newer version of it on my computer but im using DP4 not the GM. anyone know how to fix this?

14. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'm having a weird issue too...I'm actually running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and I have the GM on a separate partition that I was booting into to test it out.

I'm also having the issue of the App Store saying Lion's already installed..even AFTER I reformatted and renamed that spare partition, and after rebooting.

I tried the option-click, but that's not working either.

I may have to do a clean install of Snow Leopard...*sigh*