Lion Scrolling?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chiuy, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Is it me... when I scroll with two fingers, on Snow Leopard, down was down, now Lion is up is down. Or is it just me? Cause I'm not feeling it. Is there a way to change it?

2. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

It's new to Lion. It mimicks the iOS scrolling. You can change it in System Preferences under Trackpad.

Under the Scroll & Zoom tab, uncheck Scroll direction: natural.

[​IMG]

3. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'm an idiot for not noticing that under the system preference. It's so annoying.

4. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

I actually got used to it, I now find my Windows computer irritating :rolleyes::eek:

5. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, that's the point. I'm still using a windows desktop so I don't want to change it.
    - Edit - LOL. I just imagine that my track pad was an iPhone and it got easier for some reason.
    But the problem is that I'm using a windows mouse so the scroll mouse thingy on the mouse scrolls reverse. wth.

6. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

It's probably cool for new Mac owners, but anyone who is familiar with scrolling on Snow Leopard may find it tricky. I'm still waiting for Lion to download, but I'll probably keep the Snow Leopard style scrolling. Nice that we have a choice for both options, though.

7. milani, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

milani macrumors 68000

milani

Still downloading Lion, but I definitely plan to switch the scrolling back to the conventional way. The inverted scrolling simply isn't intuitive when you're not actually touching the screen.

8. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

If you have not used it yet, you might be surprised. I really prefer the new scrolling method, it feels great.

9. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I have now used it and I still don't like it. Ironically, I play FPS games inverted, but I just can't get used to scrolling content this way. *settings changed*

10. t11chb macrumors member

Help

Hmm, i have a 2007-08 MBP, and that option is not there in trackpad, just as it was before. Do you have any suggestions?