Lion shuts down computer when computer runs out of power?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by redhawk87, Oct 13, 2011.

1. redhawk87 macrumors regular

Ever since I got lion and my computer dies, I have to restart it back from the grave. Before my computer would just go to sleep unless it was REALLY dead. If it is not a new feature why does my computer do that? It is REALLY annoying.

I would not mind it so much if it were not for one thing: safari reloads all my pages :/. So if I was signed in on some website and doing something really important, I am forcefully logged out and then safari reloads the page so I cant even copy and paste my work! Then I have to redo all the stuff over again... Is there a fix for this?

2. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Plug it in before it dies?

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I have this issue too, but it happened with SL too. Would be annoying if it weren't for my SSD and resume.

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Perhaps Lion is now allowing your computer to run more efficiently? Previously it was ending your session with enough remaining power to go to sleep. Now it's using every last bit of juice from the battery so it is forced to shut down.

Anyway, if your battery runs down and you lose unsaved work, that's your own damn fault. It has a battery status indicator.