Lion, Snow Leopard and Tiger upgrading??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Iwan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Iwan macrumors newbie

I currenly have an iMac running Snow Leopard which i installed with the uprade disk, and once Lion is released, I will be upgrading immediately.

However, i also have a Macbook Pro running Tiger and I would like to upgrade it to SL (Its an Intel Core Duo so it will not run Lion).

Once I have upgraded my iMac to Lion, could I then use my SL disk to do a clean SL install on the Macbook pro running Tiger?

I dont really want to fork out for the Mac Box Set for the uprade, and seeing as my iMac will be licenced for Lion, i dont see why I shouldnt just use my SL uprade disk to install.

If this does work, will the fact that i violated the agreement affect my Mac's usability (once connected to internet maybe?).

Thanks

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

It's borderline whether it violates your agreement - but either way it's not going to affect usability.

3. Iwan thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Anyone planning the same?

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Under the terms we're used to in the past, that would not be considered ethical. But, the terms, they are a changin' and maybe it's ok now. I've heard that the download is good for more than one Mac, but you should confirm that, or not, with Apple.