Lion/Snow/Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andrewsd, Jun 6, 2011.

1. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Wasn't sure if this should go into the "sofware section" or the "other mac topics section"

Well this may surprise some people but I still use Leopard and have not upgraded to Snow Leopard.

But what I have noticed is Apple is finailly pushing leopard users away as you can not watch their keynote unless you have Snow Leopard and that is not really a bad thing. What I am saying is I am about to make the " plunge" (<--- hahaha) :eek: to Snow Leopard but would it be worth it to grab Lion when it is available if I only have a 2.2.ghz BlackBook?

I really don't think I'd be able to get the full experience and defiantly not the gestures so just curious what some other people take is on this?

Thanks

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The gestures are probably the only thing you would miss out on. I'm personally going to wait a while and see if it will be worth it for me. From what I have seen so far, I don't like many of the changes.

3. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

It depends on if it's a Core Duo or a Core 2 Duo. If it's the latter then you'll be ok.

From the Apple site http://www.apple.com/macosx/how-to-buy/
    Hope that helps!

4. Icaras, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Not only hardware requirements, but Snow Leopard is required to upgrade to Lion so either way, you're going to need to purchase SL.

Remember, Lion will ONLY be available via download on the Mac App Store and the Mac App Store is ONLY available via Snow Leopard and up.

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Wonder how it'll work out for Hackintosh users, I'm guessing probably not so good.

6. andrewsd thread starter macrumors 6502

Go Buckeyes on a side note ..

Thanks for the replies sorry I left my comp at home and was out and couldn't check up on my post with my iPhone as it would have been rude.

I feel the same way that I may wait and it is a core 2 duo.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icaras
    Remember, Lion will ONLY be available via download on the Mac App Store and the Mac App Store is ONLY available via Snow Leopard and up.

Yes I am going to grab SL anyways most likely today sometime!

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

All it will do is reduce the amount of copies sold to Hackintosh users. It won't stop people from making them.

8. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Why? I run Snow Leopard on my hackintosh; presumably I could upgrade if I felt like it. Of course every new OS (and even OS update) may present special challenges, but that's what hacking's all about.