[LION] Stutter in Mission Control and Transition Animation

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JJHello, Dec 24, 2011.

1. JJHello macrumors newbie

Do you guys get stutter when going mission control? Whenever there are any windows open and I go into mission control, there is some stutter in the animation. Same with switching desktops (the only time the animation is smooth is when I'm transitioning to a desktop with no open windows). My cousin, who has the same config base 2011 13' MBA doesn't experience the same stutter when compared side by side while running comparable apps.

I'm not really sure why--I don't have that many windows open (e.g. right now I only have Chrome, iChat, and iCal open) , and I'm pretty conservative when it comes to installing apps. Even when I only have Chrome open.. it will still stutter. :confused:

Any suggestions?

2. Maziar macrumors 6502

Have you done the EFI update ?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1229372

3. JJHello thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to get the update, but I think I already have it--when I check for updates, it says my macbook is up to date.

4. Maziar macrumors 6502

Well,that's probably the problem.
    If you check that topic,you'll find many users experiencing this stutter when they updated the EFI

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Mine does the same thing. It's just a matter of time before Apple gets it sorted out and issues an update. Patience is the key. It's a new OS and bound to be buggy. Its just the price we pay for having Apples latest. Eventually they'll get it fixed.

6. pmz macrumors 68000

On a 2011 MacBook Pro, with AMD 6750 1 GB, I still get the frequent stutter/choppy animation with Mission Control.

Any explanation for this?

When I hook up an external DVI monitor, it gets REALLY bad.