Lion to ML upgrade with bootcamp

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Damers, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Damers macrumors regular

Just curious if anyone has upgraded Lion to ML with a bootcamp partition.

I've got Lion and a bootcamp partition and am hoping to upgrade to ML but want to keep the bootcamp partition untouched. I'm guessing the upgrade on top of Lion route will work fine but has anyone tried to do a clean install of ML without touching bootcamp? Is that even possible?

2. Dewroo macrumors regular

Dewroo

I don't see why not. When you do a clean install, (Burning the disk image to USB/DVD) You should have a choice of what Hard drive you want to install. Remeber to fire up disk utility and whipe the OS X partition!

Just install onto the correct partition and you're windows install should be fine.

3. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

I was wondering this too. Since I'm planning on doing a clean install of Mountain Lion from Lion when it comes out, so it won't affect my bootcamp partition then? Perfect :)

4. Dewroo macrumors regular

Dewroo

Just make sure you're installing in the right place and windows will continue being the lil' OS that tried. :)

5. Sansibar macrumors newbie

I have a Bootcamp partition and did both clean installation and upgrade (2 different macs) to ML without any problems. Bootcamp is not touched by the process.

6. arashb macrumors 6502

Yeah I did a clean install on my girlfriend's MBP which has Windows 7 bootcamped. Just choose the right partition and everything will be alright.

7. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

Thanks. I was originally going to use winclone to clone my windows, remove the partition, clean install Mountain Lion, then restore the partition, but I guess I don't have to worry about doing that then :)