Lion to SL-- can't install Win7 back

Discussion in 'macOS' started by electricdreams, Aug 31, 2011.

1. electricdreams macrumors member

previously I had Lion with Wn7 together, was not happy with lion so went back to SL, by inserting disk, booting into setup, using DiskU. to format drive and install SL back..

so now back in SL, loading bootcamp, but cant install Win, says

"The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.
    The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows."

any advice, thanks

2. unixperience macrumors regular

I can't be 100% helpful, but I will shed some light on the situation.

I have no idea how you reverted to SL i've been trying for quite a bit of time. When I put in the SL dvd I just get three loud beeps....

In any event lion puts hidden recovery partition on the harddrive. To see it, open up terminal and type in "diskutil list" you should see a partition there. What is normally there is your basic system partition, and the EFI partition, if there is anything else I'm guessing it is remnants of the lion. If it is there you probably have to remove that too. I haven't tried it yet, but if you are terminal savvy "man diskutil" should help you find a way to delete that partition. And as far as I can tell that partition doesn't show up in the GUI diskutility program