lion to snow leopard

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by asukulu, Aug 22, 2011.

1. asukulu macrumors newbie

I tried to install 10.6.7 on my new mac book pro so I could use a particular programme which is not compatible with lion but it didnt work. My mac book pro shipped with lion installed. I couldnt do it from disk so I installed 10.6.7 on a HDD and then did the update combo to 10.6.7. I then cloned on to a partition on mac book pro but when trying to boot I just get a grey screen. So now Im wondering if 10.6.8 would be do the same thing.
    My other alternative is to completely erase and reformat my mac book pro drive and rename it Macintosh HD then clone snow leopard onto the erased drive. Apparently this may work however Im concerned that I will lose my adobe apps and microsoft word if I erase the drive. Will I lose these apps?
    Thanks

2. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

If you have to have SL then try one of the Virtual Machines available for OSX.

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

The MS Apps may need to be reactivated and or reinstalled. When I cloned my drive I had to reactivate my MS Office 2011 due to the new hardware, but when I migrated from my old Macbook to a new one with Office 2008, Office just did not work, I had to reinstall. So it depends on which version and your method, cloning should copy everything and only an activation would be needed for the newer version.