Lion Tweaks

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by blackburn, Aug 18, 2011.

1. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Share your Lion tweaks!

I'm still trying to adapt to lion but so far I've changed:
    - Got the old text editor without auto save;
    - Modded the audio driver to disable the lousy audio effect with apple in ear headphones;
    - "Fixed" the color profile "bug";
    - Enabled noatime;
    - Disabled dynamic pager (I have 8gb of ram);

What have you done so far?
    (If you need help with any of these tweaks just ask!)

2. DarkMaster macrumors newbie

3. tblrsa macrumors regular

I disabled Resume in Preview, but thats all I´ve done so far.

4. DReynolds86 macrumors newbie

-Disabled "natural scrolling" with the Magic Mouse on my :apple: Mini.
    -Turned Resume off in Safari (have Top Sites as my home page)

5. blackburn thread starter macrumors 6502a

blackburn

When you login screen the colors change (its applying an apple color profile) then when you login it changes again to your color profile. I removed apple's profile and the DisplayProductID corresponding file to my lcd. It only occurs if you use an apple display or built in lcd on macs.
    So now it only applies my color profile once.

6. Undertakercl macrumors newbie

Color Profile

Hello there, on my MacBook with a fresh installed Lion i'm having the same color profile issue you mention... Would you mind being more specific on how to fix it???

thx in advance!

7. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Lion took it upon itself to tweak my sleep setting so it no longer works on my iMac. Also freezes a few times a week and "fast user switching" is no longer fast. Pisses me off.

Lion is the worst software release by Apple in a looooong time.

8. karohan macrumors 6502

I've modified the graphics power management kernel extension, so that it disables throttling of the Nvidia card, but keeps throttling of the Intel card as usual (so I can still have the good battery life when on the Intel).

9. blackburn thread starter macrumors 6502a

blackburn

In order to do the color profile fix, you should backup your current color profile and find out your display id, then go to
    and delete the color profile, then you need to delete your display file in this location:
    After this you just need to reboot. To find your display id just look in google how to do it, but usually is on the file name of the apple original profile.

10. DarkMaster macrumors newbie

Hey I tried doing this, but now the picture showing up is pale. Any ideas :confused:

11. blackburn thread starter macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Copy the backup ed profile to the colorsync folder. Or calibrate your display. Mine works fine. Currently using the sRGB profile.

12. CallumCc macrumors newbie

13. Jenni8 macrumors member

Mostly Visual but so Rewarding.

I changed my dashboard and mission control backgrounds (pic2). I changed my dock stack color from charcoal to green. (I had this done prior but the upgrade of course over wrote my mods.) I changed the brushed metal in LaunchPad to a red brushed medal. (pic1)

Used BetterTouchTool to add gesture to my mouse to open LaunchPad. In addition to adding a gesture to use a single finger swipe to control foreword and back button in Finder. This better streamlines with Safari and others which work this way now.

I installed a small tool to add the full screen capability to nearly ALL apps and windows. Places the apps in it's dedicated desktop too. Love this one!

Change the scrolling back? I love it now that I've gotten used to it. Although I have a magic mouse so the transition was smooth as long as I visualized Pushing the screen as apposed to rolling a wheel.

I've done more little things to make my world on my iMac more personal more functional. I'm always looking for more new ways to change up the system to be more mine.

Most my tweaks are visual and some are productive. I get bored of looking at the same visual interface and like to change things up a bit. I'm still learning but I feel I'm playing it safe. The recent update sure had sped things up quite a bit.

One thing I love is the multiple background pictures. (Really just a new feature, but worth noting I think.) I keep 2 or 3 the chosen pics of mine and the last one I have on rotation. This way I maintain some consistency with a little rotation hourly.

Attached Files:

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I just basically personalized my desktop ..... Using Geektool, Candybar and some color coordination. :)

Attached Files: