Lion Update Brings Many Bugs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HTCThunderbolt, Aug 2, 2011.

1. HTCThunderbolt macrumors newbie

For me at least ever since the 10.6.7 and Lion update my 2007 :apple:macbook silver has been randomly shutting down and rebooting after overheating with a massive 190 degree temp after I checked IstatPro. Upon checking IstatPro I also noticed that the CPU section showed a 90-97% usage rate while idling or in sleep mode. all the while the fans are only running at 2000~ RPM's unless I wake my mac up. On top of that the apple light on the back of my monitor is blinking intermittently when the computer is closed. all of this leads to the explanation that the CPU is keeping the computer running too much when it's closed, thus the overheating, I've checked activity monitor and I have diagnosed the situation, all I'm asking for is recognition from someone sharing the same specific problem or solutions from a person with the right expertise or know-how. Any takers? solutions?

2. timmmmyyyyy macrumors newbie

I had a similar issue and it was Kaspersky AV that was causing the issue. If you don't already install smcfancontrol. I found it was just simple program updates that helps. appfresh is good for all of that. If you have these then forgive me. I know of other random issues and for what ever reason, making sure everything was updated, fixed the problems. I just know those all helped me.

Good luck

Tim