Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brucebuffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
like the title i saw there was an update to lion to fix wifi issues.

has this fixed the problem of dropped connections and inability to reconnect?
im back using snow leopard til its fixed and want to go back to llion

cheers

ljones

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA
like the title i saw there was an update to lion to fix wifi issues.

has this fixed the problem of dropped connections and inability to reconnect?
im back using snow leopard til its fixed and want to go back to llion

cheers

I haven't seen the problem since updating. But I only saw that problem twice before the update.

brucebuffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
I haven't seen the problem since updating. But I only saw that problem twice before the update.

gonna try and install it again, wouldnt bother but my time machine backups are useless since im in a lower version of osx, need lion to restore it.

will post back when i get the results.

bonjing

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011
it made it worse

in my case, i believe it made it worse! it can get frustrating. I know its not my router, cause at work--I get the same problem.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
Hasn't fixed my issue at all. My bug is reproducible too. If I close the lid of my computer while Time Machine is backing up (hard drive connected to Airport Extreme), when I open the lid, it won't be able to connect, will hang for 2-3 minutes, then reconnect and work as if nothing happened.

brucebuffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
The issue on mine was that every 10-15 minutes it would drop the network thus losing internet, the laptop could still see my wireless network but if i try to connect it would say it timed out. Then id have to turn airport on and off a good dozen times before i could connect and have internet.

Then it would happen again, rsther frustrating trying to do uni work. And i know it wasnt the router since it never skipped a beat on my windows machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.