lion update fix wifi?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brucebuffer, Aug 21, 2011.

1. brucebuffer macrumors newbie

like the title i saw there was an update to lion to fix wifi issues.

has this fixed the problem of dropped connections and inability to reconnect?
    im back using snow leopard til its fixed and want to go back to llion

cheers

2. ljones macrumors regular

I haven't seen the problem since updating. But I only saw that problem twice before the update.

3. brucebuffer thread starter macrumors newbie

gonna try and install it again, wouldnt bother but my time machine backups are useless since im in a lower version of osx, need lion to restore it.

will post back when i get the results.

4. bonjing macrumors newbie

it made it worse

in my case, i believe it made it worse! it can get frustrating. I know its not my router, cause at work--I get the same problem.

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Hasn't fixed my issue at all. My bug is reproducible too. If I close the lid of my computer while Time Machine is backing up (hard drive connected to Airport Extreme), when I open the lid, it won't be able to connect, will hang for 2-3 minutes, then reconnect and work as if nothing happened.

6. brucebuffer thread starter macrumors newbie

The issue on mine was that every 10-15 minutes it would drop the network thus losing internet, the laptop could still see my wireless network but if i try to connect it would say it timed out. Then id have to turn airport on and off a good dozen times before i could connect and have internet.

Then it would happen again, rsther frustrating trying to do uni work. And i know it wasnt the router since it never skipped a beat on my windows machine.