Lion Upgrade Connection Timeouts on Wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kedson, Sep 6, 2011.

1. kedson macrumors newbie

I just upgraded my 2009 MBP from Snow Leopard to Lion. Immediately following and ever since, I get a connection timeout on my wireless internet about every 2-3 hours. I have to reset the cable modem and wireless router for it to work another 2-3 hours. I do this everyday, all day, in order to be able to work from home. Our internet provider has checked and it's not a problem on their end. My husband has a PC and it affects him too. However, when I went on vacation for a week, he told me he had no problems with the wifi and never had to reset it - so I know it's my MBP causing the problem. I have a feeling a setting was switched somewhere when I upgraded. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the Wi-Fi drop out club that seems to be exclusive to macs. Sorry, I can't help... I'm in the same boat.

Apple is aware of "something" gone awry. They tried fixing "something" in 10.7.1 but alas I'm still having problems with all my macs while the PC's in the house work just fine.

3. slieu92 macrumors regular

just adding

I've had drops on my 2011 mbp even with 10.7. My friend who has the aluminum macbook also has drops.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I dont have that problem but gotta wait for updates.
    Mine does it like once every 3 weeks.

If you dont want it downgrade to SL or dual boot it.