Lion upgraded to Moun. Lion....now should i?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kensic, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kensic macrumors 6502

recently just bought MBP 15 with Lion installed. got the upgrade Mountain Lion for free and upgraded my laptop after downloading it from the apple store.

Now, should i do a clean install of mountain lion for the sake of saving space on my hard drive, for the sake of cleanlyness so there's no trace of lion at all.

good idea?

2. njaremka macrumors 6502

if its a brand new macbook, a clean install would be the best option.

3. kensic thread starter macrumors 6502

yea it is a brand new laptop, practically no data yet. so right now would be the best to do it huh. thanks man

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you upgraded to Mountain Lion, you should be able to just delete the folder that says "Previous System." If you don't have one, it usually means it was cleared already.

5. kensic thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh thanks, let me try to find that.

then this is pretty much similar to windows when you upgrade. it leaves behind a previous version folder. which i usually hate!!! and sometimes hard to delete.

thanks again

6. kensic thread starter macrumors 6502

so i went to "finder" app, and search for "previous system" under the only hard drive in my laptop, and it comes up with zero results

also tried different words to cover all bases, still zero results.....so can i conclude that there's no trace of Lion, and reinstall ML would be a waste of time?

thanks

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would say you're fine.