Lion users : can you reproduce this annoyance ?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by GuillaumeB, Nov 4, 2011.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Before I upgraded (yeh) to Snow Leopard I tried Lion for several months and i was wondering if clean installers had this annoyance.

- You have several windows opened (browser, application, text editor....)
    - you downloaded a file from your browser to your desktop
    - Via Spaces/Exposé you get quickly back to your desktop hiding all opened windows. I do that via a hot corner
    - You open a Finder from your dock to move the download file to one of your folder

In Snow Leopard (and previous versions), the Finder window will properly open and all previous hidden windows stay hidden. All i can see is the finder and my Desktop so that I can easily drag and drop the downloaded file where i want

In Lion, clicking on the finder icon in the dock brings back all previously hidden windows making it impossible to actually drag and drop the downloaded file from the desktop to the finder.

This is just one annoyance that made me go back to Snow Leopard. It's the type of action i do several times a day

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

just tried it

If I go to the hot corner to display desktop, then click finder, it brings all windows back and puts the finder onto of them

3. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Right ! and then there is no way to actually drag and drop your file from the Desktop

The only alternative would be to hold on your file with your mouse, drag it onto the Finder icon in your dock and wait for ever to navigate to the correct folder before releasing it... i'm telling you... annoying