Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
has anyone gotten lion to communicate with their wdtv live, live plus, or live hub? mine sees my macbook pro, and i have file sharing enabled but when i go to connect to it from wd it says there are no media files in the folder. works just fine under SL, but lion seems to be a different story....

mattonthemoon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2007
Toronto, ON
has anyone gotten lion to communicate with their wdtv live, live plus, or live hub? mine sees my macbook pro, and i have file sharing enabled but when i go to connect to it from wd it says there are no media files in the folder. works just fine under SL, but lion seems to be a different story....

no issues here on my live hub, been using Lion since preview 2

duppy456

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Same issues

Yeah mine isn't working as per normal.

Did you have custom firmware on it? I had WDLXTV installed on a WD live media player, and my favourite feature was that I could access my media files from the mac through the network shares menu on the WD live box.

Now I get an error when trying to connect, the computer shows up in the menu however won't connect. All settings are the same...

Can't figure out how to get this working again - it worked fine under SL, any shared folders were accessible through network shares in the menu.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Sykotic

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Neither of mine work now (kid's bedroom and master bedroom). The HTPC in the living room is still doing fine. But I can't even access the network shares properly through my virtual machine running on the Mac itself. If I browse the network, none of the shares show up. But I can go to a cmd prompt and input the \\192.168.x.x\ and they all show and I can browse them fine.

My setup is that I have a Drobo connected via firewire to the Mac Mini and the drive and some sub-folders are shared. SMB is checked and Permissions all look right on the folders, drive, and in Sharing.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I could be wrong, but it might have something to do with Lion's new version of Netatalk. My Synology NAS had to be updated before I could connect to it over my wifi network.

jborko

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Problems here too...

WDTVLive does not see Lion shares. I managed somehow (not sure how to at least login to the Mac) but afterwards it was saying something like no media in the current directory (there was no display of any directory)...

BTW I can see the same Samba shares on another Windows computer.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Problems here too...

WDTVLive does not see Lion shares. I managed somehow (not sure how to at least login to the Mac) but afterwards it was saying something like no media in the current directory (there was no display of any directory)...

BTW I can see the same Samba shares on another Windows computer.

yep its a issue with lion :| something with NAS

duppy456

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Custom firmware or official?

Everyone here having problems - are you using custom firmware or the official WD firmware?

I have WDLXTV installed on it so was curious if this same problem was happening with the official WD firmware.

Thanks,

jouh

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
Everyone here having problems - are you using custom firmware or the official WD firmware?

I have WDLXTV installed on it so was curious if this same problem was happening with the official WD firmware.

Thanks,

WDLXTV here and same fakkin issue!! :mad:

Sykotic

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
I could use some help with the Samba configuration file. I have all the software installed per the link & directions. But I'm confused by a lot of the stuff in the config file and must not have it set correctly because things aren't working.

My setup is that I have a Drobo connected via FireWire to my MacMini. There's a folder on the Drobo called "Content" which contains a "movies" & "tv" folders. The Drobo drive is shared.

I would prefer to use a user account and password to access the drive over the SMB share. I have two WD TV Live Plus boxes that I'm trying to connect with.

Can someone either provide a simple config file based on my setup or advise which key sections on the sample.conf I need to edit versus which ones can be ignored?

ASFx

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
Same issue for me. I'm getting relly sick of the lack of support from WD. Their forums are always full of people complaining about network problems using the wdtv live boxes. They had all the time to fix this issues during the entire Lion beta period, yet they decided to not even test their products, and wait for everyone to get pissed off instead. I wish the apple tv had better codec support or I'd use the instead of wd's crappy unsupported products :(

egansong

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Got it working

Hi, I was having the same problems with my WDTVLive and my PC network not coming up when i upgraded to lion.. BUT.. now they are!!
I am not sure what I did.. I was trying different options in getting networks going and having no luck.. Then today i found them and they are all working fine.
My Pc is connected wirelessly to the modem, the iMac and WD are via lan.

I wish i could help more with what I did to achieve it, (mostly pushing and clicking buttons and random), but want to urge you to persist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.