Lion Wifi issues router related?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Yaboze, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I have had some weird Wifi issues on a 2007 Macbook and my newer 2011 MBP that both have Lion installed. It's the typical problem people have been complaining about on the boards. The problems are it just drops for no reason or on wake up doesn't reconnect or I get <<!>>, etc. I didn't have these issues with SL.

I had an old router, from 2004, that did A/B/G, from Linksys. It has served me well over the years, but it is old.

I wanted a Wireless N Dual Band router, so I bought one and it's been working very well across all devices I have. I haven't had any wireless issues since and it's set up pretty much the same way in the same location.

I wonder if Lion just doesn't like old routers? I know this new one is UPnP and the old one didn't have it. I noticed my Windows 7 PC discovered the router and was able to map out my whole network.

2. jackhdev macrumors 6502

I could be wrong, but I feel as though Apple changed quite a few Airport things in Lion. I had every Developer Beta of Lion and there were two where Wi-fi (on my 2011 MacBook Pro) just did not work at all.