Lion won't boot after restart

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by b_scott, Jul 23, 2011.

1. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I restarted my 2009 i7 MacBook pro because it wanted to clear the ram. First time since installing Lion. It has the os on an intel ssd and the data on an hd. No DVD drive.

I get a gray apple, then a meter bar below it that stops about 20% through and then shuts down.

Help!!!!! :(

2. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just opened the recovery partition and checked my disk. It says it can't repair it. How could this be? There was nothing wrong with my system, I just rebooted it. I don't want to wipe it since i haven't backed up in a couple weeks.

3. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

broke down and restored from 7/10.

Works now. The only thing I can think is I ran the TRIM Enabler on Lion to turn it back on. DO NOT DO THIS. I believe it's the reason it corrupted.

4. TMK1000 macrumors newbie

Lion wont boot

Same Problem here. Apple support suggested to re-install Lion from recovery partition. This led me to a starting screen with my user accounts and i could log in. But than it hangs after showing the desktop.
    Reboot than takes me back to grey screen.

Disk repair shows nothing.

Any ideas?

5. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

6. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

if you enabled TRIM support, I believe that is the issue. Otherwise I'm not sure.

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try rebooting in safe boot. Restart holding the left Shift key. If you see a progress bar, let go. If you don't hold option to boot to the startup manager, select the Macintosh HD, then press Shift. Unlike earlier versions of OS X there is no indication you are in Safe Boot at login, other than no application windows being open. If you can login in Safe Boot, check your login items in the Users & Groups preference pane, your /Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchDaemons, and /Library/StartupItems for any potentially incompatible software.