Lion won't connect to my home wifi automatically

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by redryder, Jul 27, 2011.

1. redryder macrumors member

Whether upon boot up or waking from sleep, I have to manually click on the airport icon and select my home wifi network before I can connect to the internet. Does this happen to everyone? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. monaarts macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

It wasn't happening to me until a couple days ago. Idk what happened, same router, same channel, same ssid... :p

3. redryder thread starter macrumors member

It happened to me as soon as i installed Lion.

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Try creating a new "Location" in the Network Preference Pane.
    To do that, click the "Assist Me..." button at the bottom of the pane, and then the "Assistant..." button in the popup dialog.

5. cas85 macrumors regular

did you guys do clean installs? i just did the upgrade, and honestly i haven't even had to look at the wifi stuff b/c it just carried everything over including my wifi password.

6. thattallchap macrumors newbie

same here, i did a fresh install of SL and the upgraded through the App Store. Its very annoying, and ultimately i haven't been impressed with the quality of the Lion release.

PS - Network is a 5Ghz 11N Time Capsule setup, with a APExtreme bolted on the side for a separate a/b/g/n guest network.

7. borisiii macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a 2008 13" alu MacBook 2.4, and a 2010 13" MacBook pro 2.4 - two very similar systems. I upgraded both to lion, and see this problem only on the 2010. My router is a time capsule. I have reported the bug to apple, and I'm just assuming a fix will come in 10.7.1.

8. _bgb macrumors member

maybe a fix??

don't ask me where i read it, but i had the same issues, after much searching on the web, reading the same crap, i found some one state if you did an automated Onyx clean, it fixes it...

Well after an hour of Onyx doing its thing, its been a few days with not one drop, or non connection, or wake fail.

Dunno how but it worked!

:D

9. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

All these problems seem to stem from upgrades. I did a clean install and have had no problems at all.

10. karmski macrumors newbie

Wireless after upgrade

I have the same problem after the upgrade. Did the new location solution work for anyone or is it best to wait for a hopeful fix from Apple? There are quite a few bugs in Lion, which you would expect from a first release. However this wireless network issue is very annoying, as it stops other apps I have scheduled to load at start up from working properly (as they need the connection).