Lion won't download/reinstall from recovery.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by melbournesurf13, Mar 24, 2012.

1. melbournesurf13 macrumors newbie

Machine: MPB Spring 2011, i5 2.3ghz

Alright my problem is several fold:

1. Machien started resetting time and date to weird hours/year 2000 or something like that. I know about PRAM incidents and issues going back as far as 2008. Didnt think much of it. Until yesterday.
    2. Machine boot up yesterday w/ low battery- spinning gear of death on gray apple screen. No load past the apple icon. KB backlight did not light. Spinning gear of death continued to spin.
    3. Machine would not boot in safe mode. Would restart after resetting PRAM. No dice, just SGOD. Again.
    4. Boot into recovery. Use disk util, says disk cannot be repaired : ( - no vital data so go ahead and Format HD, single pass. No repartition.

Now I go to download and reinstall lion from recovery. From there the computer hangs on gathering information from apple to determine eligibility. I had upgraded to lion straight from software update...recovery never gets past gathering info stage.

Go to view log. Log states wrong version of Mac App store.

So now I am stuck with no upgrade CD, no base CD...

My net connection is solid.

Any suggestions?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i was having a hell of a time doing a clean in tall of lion every time it stopped on the can't download addition components screen, i read it could be due to bad ram, so i put my original ram back in a it fixed it for me

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Fairly certain your hdd is just plain dead and needs to be replaced.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

This happened to me yesterday. Try using the erase feature instead.