lion

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mewy76, Jul 23, 2011.

1. mewy76 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I downloaded lion yesterday and i think it's great but it did say some of my applications were not compatible. i'm not really sure why or what that means. but the first issue i've run into is when i went to go back and review an i chat conversation the folders are there but when i click on the specific conversation it gives me the box that says can not open application -600
    does anyone know why or how i can get to view those conversations again. it's still saving as i'm having the conversations.
    thanks

2. altecXP macrumors 65816

I don't have a solution to your particular problem. By saying some applications are not compatible it means that some of the applications you stalled before you had Lion are known, or are have not been tested by Apple to work. They may work, may not work, or may partly work.

I am surprised that iChat has issues though.

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

This is not at all what the OP is referring to. At least, how I read it, the OP is saying that Lion itself is saying some of his/her apps are not compatible. This means those apps are PPC apps, which run under Leopard and Snow Leopard using Rosetta, but which Lion has dropped support for. There is no way to get these apps to run under Lion. If you need them, you'll either have to upgrade them to later versions if possible, or roll back to Snow Leopard.

The iChat issue is a separate one, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

4. mewy76 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help guys... i think it must have just been a computer glitch with the ichat as it seems to be working now. i shut it down and restarted... so with those other programs that my not be compatible with lion, will it just let me know which they are when I try to use them and I can go from there to try and up grade etc?