lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mmdionne, Sep 7, 2013.

1. mmdionne macrumors newbie

I upgraded to lion now when i try to launch soy i get a message says can't open the application because powerpc applications are no longer supported

2. simsaladimbamba

Yes, that is the case, PowerPC applications are no longer supported in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
    Apple left PowerPC behind five years after having switched to Intel CPUs.

If you still need those PowerPC applications after not having found Universal Binary updates to it or alternatives, you have to go back to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

You could also start by telling us what application(s) report this message.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. mmdionne thread starter macrumors newbie

sof2

I'm trying to open sof2 online game

----------

Im thinking of getting the torrent for snow leopard and installing both os. Should i or is the lion just a waste there isn't even idvd or iMovie really not impressed with lion

4. simsaladimbamba

That is a very old game and it seems, it was never updated to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Since you upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, you must have had Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard at some point, thus you could just do a clean install of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard using the grey Restore DVDs, that came with your Mac and if they are actually storing the installer for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on them and not Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
    Or you could spend 19 USD for getting Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard via the Apple Online Store or do what you want, though we will not support you in doing so.

As for iDVD and iMovie, they are part of iLife, which is not included in an OS upgrade, it is only included with the Mac's grey Restore DVDs, which you probably lost somehow.

As for the thread title, I guess it is not important for you. The again, neither is this.