Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is currently offering its Major League Soccer Season Pass free for one month, which normally costs $14.99, or $12.99 for Apple TV+ subscribers in the U.S.

messi-mls-season-pass-trial.jpg

The MLS Season Pass allows access to every live Major League Soccer match, including Leagues Cup, All-Star games, and playoffs. The offer is being promoted on Leo Messi's Instagram account:
The season is just getting started. Sign up using the link in my bio and get a One Month Free Trial of #MLSSeasonPass on Apple TV.
The offer must be redeemed by April 5, 2024. One subscription is available per TV and Apple ID. Both new and qualified returning customers of MLS Season Pass can sign up. The MLS Pass renews at your region's price per month, so make sure to cancel it if you decide you do not want to commit.

An MLS Season Pass is available in the TV app on iPhones running iOS 16.2 or later, iPads running iPadOS 16.2 or later, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 16.2 or later, macOS Ventura 13.1 or later, Apple Vision Pro, and on eligible smart TVs and streaming devices.

Article Link: Lionel Messi Promotion Offers 1-Month Trial of Apple's MLS Season Pass

Last edited:

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Put some 360 degree cameras in prime spots to simulate how it looks actually being there in person and this seems prime media to drive more Vpro adoption… something superior to watching on a 2D window (television) and much less expensive than all of the costs involved in actually being there in person.

TV would still be the choice for group gatherings. Live would still be the ultimate experience. This would be an OPTION between those two.

Roll the same out for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc… along with Broadway shows, live concerts, Olympics, and any other “wish I could be there but…” events. I’ve seen court-side seats for NBA for > $40K and the cheapest (worst) seats at the Super Bowl started at $9K. This could put any number of virtual bodies in the very same seat- a volume play selling the same VR seat(s) to many.

I fully believe this will come because there’s new money in it for all involved but wish the process of implementation was accelerated.

Last edited:

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I fully believe this will come because there’s new money in it for all involved but wish the process of implementation was accelerated.
I'm imagining the whole audience consisting of drones that home viewers can rent and steer around. The stadium will be all abuzz!

• Haha
Reactions: amartinez1660

Astrohunter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2021
How come football streams are still not a thing in 4k?

It’s 2024…

Btw it worked for me in the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: eifelbube

soyazul

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2015
Argentina
An aging has-been who came to MLS for the pension. Messi couldn't lace the boots of Pele, Maradona or Cruyff.

Why are you saying this? Someone could say that 2024 Messi is no longer a super dribbler, but besides his age, he is a world-class game-creator.

In the other hand, Maradona is the GOAT, but Messi and Pele are close to him. You are clearly exaggerating. Are you anti-Messi?
Greetings from Buenos Aires.

eleuthero

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
I am a TV+ subscriber. MLS should be free for TV+ subscribers.
It was last year—the huge jump in price from “free” (at least I got it as an offer) to over ten dollars extra a month is a bit extreme. For those who are wanting premier league and other options, Paramount+ has quite a bit for quite a bit less money.

Reactions: decypher44

Belisama

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
US people don't know much about soccer.
For real soccer lovers, Messi is undoubtedly one of the GOATs, but he retired. With CR7, KB9, and many more.
Apple's business with Messi demonstrates again that Apple is being led by old men who don't really understand 2024. Messi's MLS deal smells like a AARP 1-month free trial.

Belisama

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2023
I am a TV+ subscriber. MLS should be free for TV+ subscribers.
Most MLS games are purges, laxatives. I'm also a TV+ subscriber but I would not watch MLS even if it was free. MLS is slowly improving, though. But buying old guys retiring from European leagues is not the best option IMO. Watching Messi walking on the field is just painful. As painful as Ronaldo and Benzema in Saudi Arabia. I hope MLS will invest in young american players. It could be an amazing league.

soyazul

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2015
Argentina
US people don't know much about soccer.
For real soccer lovers, Messi is undoubtedly one of the GOATs, but he retired. With CR7, KB9, and many more.
Apple's business with Messi demonstrates again that Apple is being led by old men who don't really understand 2024. Messi's MLS deal smells like a AARP 1-month free trial.

Luka Modric played at 37 as a starting player at Real Madrid in the same role that Messi is currently playing: Game-creator. A position doesn't require speed but requires game vision, passing, precision, shooting, anticipation, mind speed, positioning, and a lot of other skills. Messi is 36, so he could play maybe 2 more years at a world-class game-creator level.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.