Lion's iCal: adding events on day in future

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tuqqer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tuqqer macrumors member

Just checking to see if this feature was taken away in Lion: I don't seem to be able to go to some future month in iCal and add a new Event (to any future day, for that matter). Instead, it seems like the only way to add a new Event is to type out the title, along with the future date; then it will throw itself into that future date.

It's a really odd UI, though. Not sure why the removed the ability to click on ANY day you wanted then hit Command-N.

2. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

iCal in Lion allows me to do this. I just tested adding an event in October and it worked fine.

3. tuqqer thread starter macrumors member

Wow. That is a really weird bug. I can't click on any future date and get it to give me a new event.

Can you check this in Month view, HelveticaNeue? That's where I'm seeing the odd behavior. In the past, if I clicked on any future date, that day's box would highlight slightly, and then double-clicking on the box, or hitting Command-N would bring up a classic New Event dialog box.

thanks for checking.

4. olesor macrumors newbie

Same thing here. Before Lion, I would touch the date, and then any new event would be created there. Now it's always created today.
    -If I don't type the date, that is. Or day of the week. Which could be a cool feature, if it wasn't the only way. AND if it would support MY language, Danish, and not require english (or spanish, german or french, it seems).
    Has anyone found a workaround or somewhere to change it?